Field Symposium of the INQUA PeriBaltic Working Group 2019
In 2019, the field symposium of INQUA Peribaltic Working Group (PWG) will be held in northeast Germany. It is organized by the University of Greifswald, the Geological Survey of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, the German Research Centre for Geosciences Potsdam (GFZ) and the GREBAL-project team of the University of Poznan (AMU).
The approved date for the PWG field symposium is from 07th to 13th September 2019.
The meeting will start in Greifswald with one day for oral and poster presentations. We plan several days for field trips from Rügen Island to central Mecklenburg. The participation list is limited to not more than 55 persons.
7. September 2019 (Saturday): Arrival and ice breaker
8. September 2019 (Sunday): Talks and poster session at the Institute of Geography and Geology of the Greifswald University
9. – 12. September 2019 (Monday to Thursday): Field trip to Western Pomerania and Mecklenburg
· Kinematic of the Jasmund glaciotectonic complex (Rügen island, landform and structural analysis)
· Weichselian ice-sheet dynamics on Rügen (luminescence dating, sediment-facies analysis, till microfabrics, seismites)
· The River Tollense valley - From subglacial channel to Bronze age battle field (Quaternary and Holocene valley and river development, archaeology)
· From Krakow am See to Lake Tiefer See (postglacial lake and river development, limnic deposition, lake monitoring)
13. September 2019 (Friday): Departure
In case you are interested, please keep informed by visiting these web sites from time to time:
PD Dr. Heiko Hüneke (Greifswald University)
Prof. Achim Brauer (GFZ Potsdam)
Prof. Małgorzata (Gosia) Pisarska-Jamroży (AMU Poznan)
Dr. Andreas Börner (Geological Survey MWP)